domingo, 20 de octubre de 2013

Cooking workshop. Session 3. Brazilian food.

Our last cooking workshop has been: Brazilian food. This time, eight students made Brazilian food with the great help of our chef Dayse Feijó. We made four different and delicious dishes, that were:

- Coxinha: It was made with chicken, onions, garlics, coriander, salt, milk, flour, sweet potatos and butter.


-Peixe de Coco: This was made with cod, prawns, tomatos, potatos, peppers, coconut milk, lemons, water, salt and oil. We served it with rice.


- Bolo de Macaxeira: Made with yucca, eggs, milk, flour sugar, and butter


- Bolo de Abacaxi: Made with pineapple, plums, eggs, milk, flour, sugar and butter.

 


Also we drink a traditional Brazilian drink that was called "Guaraná" 

We had a fantastic time cooking!
After preparing and tasting our delicious dinner, we did an interview to Dayse Feijó, who taught us this great dishes.
Here is the interview:

1. What's your name? 
- My name is Dayse Feijó Da Silva.

2. Where did you live in Brazil? Why did you move to Spain?
I lived in Pernambuco which is in the northeast of Brazil. I moved to Spain six years ago because I met a Spaniard who is now my husband.

3. What do you do?
- I’m an artist, so I do different paintings.

4. Do you like cooking? Do you usually cook these typical dishes? 
- Yes, I really like cooking! I still eat these dishes really often.

7. Which are you favourite Brazilian dishes?
- I love those that are made which fish, coconut milk, yucca or fruit.

6. Which are you favourite Spanish dishes?
- My favourite Spanish dish is “paella”, because it is made with rice and it is delicious, but I can’t make it as well as Spanish people.

7. What do you think is different between Brazilian food and Spanish food?
- I think that one important difference is that in Brazil, coconut is salty but here in Spain coconut is sweet, but they aren’t so different.

8.Do you know dance “sevillanas”?
-No, I don’t, but I like to learn. But I know to dance “samba”.

9.What do you find different between Brazil and Spain? 
-I really find really different meal times.

10. Is there a relation between art and cuisine?
- In my opinion, in both of them there is sensitivity and a little bit of art.

11. What do you think about today's experience?.
- It has been a fantastic experience, I want to do it again!


We’ve had and incredible time! Thanks for your greatful help in our project!

 ALC IES ALFONSO COCINA Copiar

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario